First and foremost I would like to wish all our members a healthy and peaceful Holiday Season. I am thankful to be a member of the best golf clubs in California.
I’d like to thank all our members who donated a toy to our annual Toys-for-Tots campaign. It was another very successful event.
I would also like to thank our Board Members and all our volunteers that work hard to keep our Club running smoothly and always looking for ways to improve the quality of our golfing events. Additionally, I would like to give a special thanks to Joe Preimesberger who has served on the Board for the past seven years as Tournament Chairman and President. Joe put in countless hours coordinating our weekend tournaments.
Below, please see some updates on our Club for 2023. As always, please reach out to me or another Board Member if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions. I’m looking forward to another great year of golf for all our members in 2023.
1) New member applications will be accepted starting sometime in the new year. The application will be accepted online from the Men’s Club website with the non-refundable $150 initiation dues payment taken via PayPal.
2) 50 new members were accepted into the Club for 2023. In the event tournaments have more applicants than there are starting times, the Tournament Chairman will post a standby list. For 2-Day tournaments only, members who apply for a tournament, prior to the closing of the application period, but remain on the standby list shall be given priority over all others in the blind draw in the next scheduled 2-Day tournament if they apply.
3) Green Tee eligibility will continue to be age 65+ as of January 1st. However, new for 2023 a separate flight will be used for all Green tee players for individual events. Team play events can still have mixed tee players on the same team.
4) Next year Paul Albitz will be the Tournament Chairman, along with Steve Koudelka, Michael Dudas and Thomas Smith filling out the weekend tournament committee. Watch for new game formats to be announced next year.
5) A Coronado Men’s Club Tournament Index will return sometime later in 2023. Scores from previous 2022 Coronado weekend and Wednesday play is currently being collected. Weekend tournaments will use the lower of GHIN index or the new local tournament index. Wednesday play will continue to use current GHIN index.
6) Wednesday Men’s Day notes:
a. Tee sheet signups will continue online at 7:30pm on Tuesdays. The BINGO ball draw social will continue a couple of times during the year. The date and details will be announced via email well in advance.
b. Par 3 CTP stakes will be moved to #9 and #15 for 2023
c. The $25 Eagle award will no longer be given out because 95% of winners were low handicap long hitters. This will allow larger purse payouts to all the daily game flights.
d. NEW, if a member comes on a Wednesday morning to take the place of a no-show and wants to play in the $5 game they must pay $5 in Pro Shop, make sure their name gets written on the check-in sheet, and drop a written and signed scorecard in Men’s Club office so that their scores can be entered in to Golf Genius.
e. Other reminders:
i) The Chip-in $5 award is for GROSS par or better (not net par)
ii) To win the hole-in-one pot (currently at $340) players must pay $5 in the daily game and have paid $2 to the pot. The list of names paid in the pot is in the display case outside the Men’s Club office.
7) Feast & Fareway cards will continue in 2023 for tournament players. You can look up your card balance from the men’s club website under the Tournaments tab.
8) It is required that our members notify the CMGC of any changes to their contact information.