Current and Upcoming Tournaments:
|Jan 13‑14||New Member Mixer||Description||Sign-up Dec 30 (5am) - Jan 03 (noon)|
2024 CMGC Tee SelectionDecember 6th, 2023 posted by Bob Podoloff
The Board of Governors has voted to allow our members age 65 years old to play the Green Tees and our members 80 years old to play the Green or Silver Tees in 2024. Golf should be fun and as our age goes up it appears our club distances goes the other way. If you have not been able to reach holes in regulation, especially the par 4’s in 2 shots, you may want to consider moving to the Green or Silver Tees
Any change to your choice of tees for 2024 will be effective January 1st 2024.
Enrollment to play from the Green Tees or Silver Tees will happen only once a year.
- Golfers at age 65+ as of December 31st 2023 have the choice to remain on the White Tees or can choose to move forward to the Green Tees. When you choose your tee assignment for the year it will be for Wednesday play as well as our weekend tournaments.
- Golfers at age 80+ as of December 31st 2023 have the choice to remain on the White Tees or Green Tees or can choose to move forward to the Silver Tees. When you choose your tee assignment for the year it will be for Wednesday play as well as our weekend tournaments.
3) Golfers who play from the Green and Silver tee will compete in their own separate flight.
4) If you are age 65+ and want to play from the Green Tees, you must respond by email to email@example.com no later than 12/29/2023 stating your request to move to the
5) If you are age 80+ and want to play from the Silver Tees, you must respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12/29/2023 stating your request to move to the
5) If you are already playing from the green tees no action is required, you will remain playing from the green tee for 2024.
6) No action is needed if you are 65+ or 80+ and want to continue playing from the White Tees.
NOTE 1: Moving to the Green or Silver Tees at Coronado will affect your handicap in course rating (70.2) White, 68.3) or Green (64.2) Silver.
Please use the formula below to determine what your handicap will be from white, green or silver tees.
NOTE2: Choosing to play from the Green or Silver Tees will remain the same for every event the whole year and cannot be changed between events during the year. Changes can only happen in December each year.
NOTE 3: If you are turning 65 or 80 later in the year you will have to wait until the next December enrollment period to request moving forward to the Green or Silver Tees.
NOTE 4: Purse and payouts will be adjusted based on the number of players in each flight. If the Green and Silver flight have fewer players than the White tee flight, the payouts for the Green and Silver flight will be lower. Weekends will continue to pay 40% of each flight winners, and Wednesday’s will continue to pay the top 4 winners plus ties in each flight.
Board of Governors
Presidents LetterSeptember 22nd, 2023 posted by Bob Podoloff
I thought I’d send out a quarterly update on our club as we head into the fall season. It’s been a great year of golf with most tournaments completely full. The Board works hard to have the right number of members in our club to fill each tournament, but with as few players as possible on a standby list. This is a balancing job that’s not easy. Paul Albitz has done a great job of notifying members when we have openings.
We are in the middle of our membership renewal period. Thank you to all the golfers that have renewed their membership already. We currently have two thirds of our members that have renewed as of today. Just a reminder that renewals are $160 until Oct 1st and $185 between 10/1 to 10/31. Life Members only pay the $36 annual SCGA fee. Your Board has also worked hard to not raise the renewal rate, even during the current inflation cycle.
I would like to congratulate all the winners of our tournaments so far this year. A special congratulations to Daryl Green for winning the Club Championship. This is Daryl’s 4th time as our Club Champion. I would also like to recognize Steve Miles for winning the Senior Club Championship.
A special recognition to Lance DeGrazier for scoring a hole in one on Saturday and then backing in up with another hole in one on Sunday of our last tournament. I’m sure this must be a CMGC record.
A reminder that our next General Meeting will be held at Feast and Fareway on Tuesday Nov 14th at 5 pm. We will be sending out an RSVP email prior to the meeting. We would like to have a fairly exact count in order to have the right amount of food on hand.
Our players have done a great job with pace of play this year. Thank you for all your efforts in making this happen. This is important to ensure that we do not lose any of our tee times back to the Pro Shop.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any Board Member with questions, concerns or suggestions. Good luck to all the golfers competing in the upcoming Board of Governor’s Tournament.
Daryl Green Wins Club ChampionshipSeptember 11th, 2023 posted by Paul Albitz
Congratulations to Daryl Green for winning the club championship with a score of -6. Daryl put it away with a nice birdie-birdie finish on Sunday to beat last year’s champion Torin O’Sullivan by 2 strokes. This is Daryl’s 4th time as club champion. He won in 2008, 2012, and 2016.
Congratulations also to Lance DeGrazier for his hole-in-one on #15 Saturday and following it up with another hole-in-one on #11 Sunday!